Recent network events
5-7 December, 2012
Seminar hosted in collaboration with Network for Migration and Culture
Edward S. Casey (Stony Brook University)
Andreas Huyssen (Columbia University)
Nikos Papastergiadis (University of Melbourne)
Alistair Thomson (Monash University, Melbourne)
University of Copenhagen, 5-6 December
Arken Museum of Modern Art, Ishøj, 7 December
Memory related events:
- Social Perspectives on Autobiographical Memory - Memory and Imagination. Aarhus University. June 20-21
- Memory Unbound: Transcultural, Transgenerational, Transmedial, and Transdiciplinary Dynamics of Memory. Graduate Summer School, Ghent University (Mnemonics network), September 9-11, 2013
Recent perfomances by Mads Rosendahl Thomsen and Stefan Iversen on Memory culture are now available online (in Danish):
- Danskernes akademi: Vores fælles erindringer
- Univers: På sporet af erindringer
- Danskernes akademi: Vidnesbyrd fra kz-lejre
See also two recent articles by Britta Timm Knudsen on tourism and memory :
- "Thanatourism: Witnessing Difficult Pasts" Tourist Studies 11.1 (2011): 55-72.
- "The past as staged-real environment: communism revisited in The Crazy Guides Communism Tours, Krakow, Poland" Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 8.3 (2010): 139-153
And an anthology on War, Memory and Emotions, co-edited by Kasper Green Krejberg:
- Repräsentationen des Krieges. Wallstein 2012
About the network
The Danish Network for Cultural Memory Studies coordinates activities that facilitate interdisciplinary research within the field of cultural memory studies in a cooperation between researchers and graduate students at University of Copenhagen and Aarhus University.
The activities of the network is funded by the Danish Council for Independent Research in 2011-12 and will have a focus on the aesthetics of memory, the practice of memory culture, and memory cultures and transnationalism.
In 2011 and 2012 the network will organize series of 8 graduate seminars, some in cooperation with The University of London, 3 internal working seminars with all members of the network, and 3 open international conferences with invited guest speakers.
On this site you can find information about the people involved, past and upcoming events, images, videos and texts from our seminars and links to other resources in the field of cultural memory studies.